Did you know that there are thousands of crores worth of scholarships in India available for both meritorious and underprivileged students? Going beyond academics, a lot of the scholarships today are initiated to encourage students to turn their passion into their profession, and fulfil their dreams. Here are some scholarships and awards you can bag in a range of exciting fields:
1. MPL’s College Premier League: Through the College Premier League (CPL) organised by Mobile Premier League (MPL), there are plenty of enticing rewards up for grabs. Along with your fellow classmates, you can compete across a wide range of mobile games like World Cricket Championship, Chess, Pool & Rogue Heist, winning prizes on the basis of your performance. The winners stand a chance to win up to Rs 1 crore in prize money and scholarships, as well as certificates and letters of recommendation from MPL.
2. Toto Music Award: Set up by Toto Funds the Arts (TFA), aspiring musicians can stand to win a cash prize of Rs 60,000. Initiated to reward aspiring musicians that are exploring music through novel genres and formats of Indian music, this award can help you go a long way in breaking ground in the entertainment industry.
3. The Ian Parry Scholarship: At the tender age of 24, photojournalist Ian Perry passed away while on assignment for The Sunday Times during the Romanian Revolution in 1989. In his memory, the then Picture Editor, Aidan Sullivan, along with his friends and family started the Ian Parry Scholarship. Every year, an international photography competition is held where you can bag a grand prize of $3,500 (INR 2.6 Lakhs).
4. Audi Environmental Foundation Scholarship: If you are between the ages of 18-30, and are passionate about using cutting-edge technology to protect and restore the environment, the Audi Environmental Foundation Scholarship is something to look forward to. In collaboration with One Young World, Audi is offering you a chance to be a part of the One Young World Summit in Tokyo in 2022. Here you can collaborate, challenge, and work with the brightest minds on the planet to bring about change for the better.
5. The Sahapedia-UNESCO Fellowship: The Sahapedia-UNESCO Fellowship is a collaborative project to encourage fresh research on the tangible and intangible heritage across India and South Asia. The Fellowship is a way to support both research on the arts and cultural diversity of India, and to encourage field practitioners. If you are passionate about preserving lesser-known aspects about Indian heritage, communities, and practices, this is one fellowship worth grabbing.