The festival of Lohri is here and it marks the end of the winter solstice. It is the season of new harvest and celebrated with great splendor across the Northern parts of India. Since special delicacies make festivals more fun, here is a wholesome, warm, and flavourful Lohri recipe with an oat-a-licious twist.
S.No. Item Quantity
1. Quaker Oats 1/2 cup
2. Ghee 2 tbsp (Optional)
3. Milk 1/2 cup
4. Sugar/Jaggery 1/4 cup (Optional)
5. Cardamom Powder 1/2 tsp
6. Almonds & Cashews As per preference
• Dry roast oats for 4 to 5 mins till they smell toasty and blend them into a fine powder.
• Take 2 tbsp of ghee (Optional) in a pan, add in cashews and almonds and roast till golden. Set it aside.
• Add in the oats powder and stir for 2 mins.
• Now add in milk and keep cooking and stirring till it thickens.
• Add sugar/jaggery (Optional) and mix well. Once it starts to thicken, add in the remaining ghee (Optional) little by little, and mix well.
• Cook till the halwa leaves the sides of the pan. Add cardamom powder and roasted cashews. Mix thoroughly, and we are done!
Post a Comment