Prix Galien Award, life science industry’s preeminent accolade for research and innovation, comes to India
GM Modi Science Foundation partners with Prix Galien 2024 India to honour excellence in scientific research and innovation.
GM Modi Science Foundation partners with Galien Foundation to recognize scientific achievement.
New Delhi 12 February 2024(Date) – The Galien Foundation, a premier global institution since 1970, heralds a rich legacy of recognizing outstanding achievements that improve the global human condition through innovative drugs and other treatments. Created in honour of Galien (129 CE - c. 216), the father of medical science and modern pharmacology, the Prix Galien Award is regarded as the equivalent of the Nobel Prize in biopharmaceutical research. The first edition of this prestigious award is coming to India in partnership with the GM Modi Science Foundation and will be held on March 3rd, 2024, at the Taj Mahal Hotel in New Delhi.
In the previous year in the USA, the awardee for the best biotechnology product was Bristol Myers Squibb’s Camzyos, with Lilly’s Mounjaro and Novo Nordisk’s Ozempic sharing the honour for the best pharmaceutical product. Boehringer Ingelheim’s Spevigo and CSL/uniQure’s Hemgenix won in the rare/orphan disease category.
Speaking about India’s contributions, Professor Manju SHARMA Committee Chair. Former Secretary to the Govt. of India, Department of Biotechnology. Chair New Initiative, NASI, Allahabad, says, “India has emerged as a significant contributor to global health through the development of innovative treatments, vaccines, and medical technologies. This showcases India's dedication to making meaningful contributions to the well-being of people worldwide.”
The awards will be fundamental in recognizing and promoting excellence, and through recognition, while enhancing and encouraging a cycle of scientific research excellence and innovation, fostering a culture of innovation that values creative thinking, risk-taking, and the development of solutions that address societal challenges and contribute to economic growth, and showcasing India’s scientific excellence and potential on the international stage.
Talking about the collaboration, Satish Kumar Modi, President of GM Modi Science Foundation and Chairman of Modi Global Enterprises, says, “The collaboration between the GM Modi Science Foundation and the Prix Galien India Awards is a testament to scientific and technological excellence. This will cultivate a culture where achievement is both recognized and revered. In this regard, I would like to express my gratitude to Bruno Cohen for selecting India as the location for the Prix Galien. The Award will significantly benefit the Indian life sciences industry and will also be advantageous for Indian doctors.”
“In the realm of honouring achievements, these awards ensure that our commitment to recognizing greatness resonates with clarity and integrity,” says Padma Bhushan Dr. Manju Sharma, Prix Galien India Awards Committee Chair and Former Secretary to the Govt. of India, Department of Biotechnology.
AWARD CATEGORY NOMINEES
Best StartUp and Digital Health Solution • Avestagenome Project International Private Limited for CALiBRx (Comprehensive Avesthagen Liquid Biopsy Risk Screen)
• Delhi Academy of Medical Sciences for eMedicoz
• GSK Global for The Global Infection Index Initiative
• Parisodhana Technologies Pvt. Ltd. for Neonatal Hypothermia Prevention Warm Blanket
Best Medical Technology • Alcon Laboratories India Pvt. Ltd. for AcrySof® IQ Vivity®
• Biocon for Pichia Pastoris platform
• GSVM Medical College, Kanpur for a simple and cost-effective technique for Vertebroplasty
• GSVM Medical College, Kanpur for a simple method for fashioning an antibiotic-impregnated cemented rod for intramedullary placement in infected non-union of long bone
Best Product for Rare/Orphan Diseases • Indian Institute of Technology Bombay for CAR-T cell therapy
• Laurus Labs for Trilawil Capsules
• Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited for Paxitaz infusmart®, Pemartiq™
Best Biotechnology Product • Bharat Serums and Vaccines LTD. for Trinbelimab
• Biocon for BIOMAB-EGFR/Nimotuzumab
• Enzene Biosciences Ltd. for Cetuximab (the first biosimilar to the cancer drug Erbitux)
• Novo Nordisk India Private Ltd
• Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd. for ChAdOxl nCoV- 19 Corona Virus Vaccine
• Zydus Lifesciences Ltd for Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) Biosimilar / UJVIRA
• Zydus Lifesciences Ltd for Twinrab
Best Academic/Public Sector • AIIMS+IITD NeuroEngineering Collaboration for NeuroMentor
• All India Institute of Medical Sciences for Association between DNA Telomere Length in Peripheral Blood Leukocytes and Post-Operative Cognitive dysfunction (POCD) and Post-Operative Delirium (POD) in elderly patients undergoing major orthopaedic surgery under general anesthesia: A prospective observational study
• All India Institute of Medical Sciences for Telerobotic Ultrasound
• GSVM Medical College for Skill Station
• Heamac Healthcare Pvt. Ltd for nLite 360® - an intelligent rapid cure phototherapy system
• Indian Institute of Science for High Performance Optical Spectroscopy
• Purobien Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd for Pain and Inflammation, Osteoarthritis
• Translational Health Science and Technology Institute for BiomLife
About the Galien Foundation
The Galien Foundation is dedicated to advancing scientific innovation for the betterment of human health through the recognition and rewarding of excellence. It oversees and coordinates its activities on a global scale, with chapters established in 14 countries and Africa.
“The mission of Galien Foundation is to be the premiere event where humanitarians and innovators at the forefront of biomedical research gather annually to honour highest achievements,” Bruno Cohen, Chairman of the Galien Foundation
For more information, visit www.galienfoundation.org.
About the GM Modi Science Foundation
The GM Modi Science Foundation, established in 1974, promotes research in the various fields of Science and Technology and helps find innovative solutions to the various needs of the country. The Foundation is now focusing on intensive research in the field of health, wellness, and medicine. The emphasis is on prevention, treatment, and individual prediction of diseases.
For more information, visit https://gmmodisciencefoundation.com/