- Minimalistic Design with an Easy to Use Interface
- Emphasis on essential, frequently used services
Mumbai, April 27, 2022: Bank of Baroda, one of India’s leading public sector banks, today announced the launch of bob World Gold – a new feature on its bob World mobile banking platform designed especially for seniors and the elderly.
Studies show that senior citizens are interested and eager to bank digitally, provided their specific requirements and needs are addressed. bob World Gold is a unique digital banking platform that has been designed especially for this demographic and provides its senior customers with a simple, smooth and secure mobile banking experience.
bob World Gold has easy navigation, large fonts, sufficient spacing and clear menus with added features like ready-to-assist voice based search service. Further, while bob World offers over 250 services, bob World Gold brings the essential, frequently used services and favourite transactions of senior citizens upfront such that they are conveniently available and easily accessible on the home screen. These include services such as deposit renewal, comparison of savings accounts, retirement & succession planning services, health services/ pharmacy search etc.
Shri Sanjiv Chadha, Managing Director & CEO, Bank of Baroda said, “Our senior customers have unique needs and hence, deserve a differentiated approach. The idea behind bob World Gold was to look at every element from the lens of this demographic and understand their specific requirements from a digital banking platform. The end result is a simpler, smarter, more personalised and senior-friendly banking experience for our customers and will ensure that they are able to access a range of banking services digitally in a manner conducive to them.”
Features of bob World Gold:
· Simple and Easy User Interface: A minimalistic design and simple infographics supported by easy- to-navigate screens and ready-to-assist voice-based search service, provided right on the dashboard.
· Customisation: bob World Gold is customised to understand the preferences of senior citizen customers with relevant and favourite menu options.
· Preferential research based service: bob World Gold is customised specifically for senior citizens (60 years and above) and provides a new revamped dashboard with larger icons and fonts, better contrasting colours with special attention given to help text, tooltips and navigation.
To take care of the specific needs of this customer segment, more emphasis is given to the login dashboard and services such as statements/certificates, connect to branch and additional features like pharmacy, diagnostic offers and health packages which will be made available to this targeted group of customers.
There are approximately 138 million senior citizens in India in 2021, which is projected to increase to 192 million by 2031. This is an important customer segment for consumption of digital services, especially in the post-pandemic era and one that requires a specialised approach.
The bob World Gold feature is available on both Android and iOS.
About Bank of Baroda:
Founded on 20th July, 1908 by Sir Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III, Bank of Baroda is one of the leading commercial banks in India. At 63.97% stake, it is majorly owned by the Government of India. The Bank serves its global customer base of over 150 million through over 46,000 touchpoints spread across 18 countries in five continents. Through Its state-of-the-art digital banking platforms, it provides all banking products and services in a seamless and hassle-free manner. The recently launched bob World mobile app provides customers with a saving, investing, borrowing, and shopping experience, all under one single app. The app also serves non-customers by enabling account opening through video KYC. The Bank’s vision matches its diverse clientele base and instills a sense of trust and security. It is moving well in that direction and bob World is a testimony of its roadmap towards Digital Transformation.
· Visit us at www.bankofbaroda.in
· Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bankofbaroda/
· Twitter https://twitter.com/bankofbaroda
· Instagram https://www.instagram.com/officialbankofbaroda/
· YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf14FHPLt7omkE9CmyrVHA
· LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/bankofbaroda