Confers the ‘Baroda Sun Achievement Awards’ to five individuals/ companies for the contributions made to their community, society and the country
The theme for the Bank’s 115th year is “Enhancing Tech, Enriching Lives”
Mumbai, July 20, 2022: Bank of Baroda (Bank), one of India’s leading public sector banks, celebrated its 115th Foundation Day on 20th July 2022. To mark this important milestone, the Bank conferred the ‘Baroda Sun Achievement Awards 2022’ to five inspirational individuals/ companies who have made significant contributions in their respective fields, had a substantial impact on society and inspired others through their journey.
The theme for the Bank’s 115th Foundation Day is “Enhancing Tech, Enriching Lives”, underscoring the pivotal role that technology plays at the Bank in increasing customer convenience, delivering better and more personalised service, automating processes, preventing fraud and deepening customer relationships. In 2021, the Bank launched ‘bob World’ – a full-service mobile banking platform that offers 95% of the retail services of the bank and has over 23 million activated users till date.
On the occasion of the Bank’s 115th Foundation Day, Shri. Sanjiv Chadha, Managing Director & CEO, Bank of Baroda said, “This is truly a landmark occasion. The Bank’s Foundation Day is an opportune time to reflect and look back on the Bank’s accomplishments, but also more importantly, to look ahead to the future. We have a rich legacy, one that is built on our customers’ trust. To add to that, over the years, the Bank has undergone multiple strategic transformations, keeping pace with the ever-evolving needs and aspirations of its customers. With bob World at the centre, we are bringing a world-class banking experience at their fingertips.”
“Today, we are also delighted to felicitate the winners of the Baroda Sun Achievement Awards. These citizens are determined to make a difference and are working hard for the betterment of local communities and our society. At Bank of Baroda, we aim to follow in their footsteps and on our 115th Foundation Day, commit once again to being a partner in the country’s growth,” Shri. Chadha added.
The ‘Baroda Sun Achievement Awards 2022’ were presented in five categories – Start-up, MSME Tech, Agri Tech, Social Service and Nature/Wildlife Conservation. The nominations were evaluated by an external jury comprising distinguished thought leaders. The winners of the ‘Baroda Sun Achievement Awards 2022’ are:
• Start-up: Ms. Suhani Mohan & Mr. Kartik Mehta, Saral Designs (Maharashtra) - For their innovative and path-breaking work in making menstruation safe for all.
• MSME Tech: Mr. Y K Behani and Mr. N K Behani, Tekno Valves (West Bengal) - for excelling in the field of high-pressure gas cylinder valves manufacturing for the Indian and global markets.
• Agri Tech: Ms. Mala Kumari, Nandini Agro Group (Bihar) - for her pioneering work in mushroom farming that has helped in uplifting an entire village.
• Social Service: Ms. Asha Sawardekar (Goa) - for her selfless efforts in providing care to the elderly and being a beacon of hope in the lives of so many.
• Nature/Wildlife Conservation: Mr. Himmataram Bhambhu (Rajasthan) - for dedicating his life to the conservation of the environment and protection of wildlife.
The Bank also felicitated its brand endorsers and India’s sporting icons, PV Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth at its 115th Foundation Day celebrations.
About Bank of Baroda
Founded on 20th July, 1908 by Sir Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III, Bank of Baroda is one of the leading commercial banks in India. At 63.97% stake, it is majorly owned by the Government of India. The Bank serves its global customer base of over 150 million through over 46,000 touchpoints spread across 17 countries in five continents. Through Its state-of-the-art digital banking platforms, it provides all banking products and services in a seamless and hassle-free manner. The recently launched bob World mobile app provides customers with a saving, investing, borrowing, and shopping experience, all under one single app. The app also serves non-customers by enabling account opening through video KYC. The Bank’s vision matches its diverse clientele base and instills a sense of trust and security. It is moving well in that direction and bob World is a testimony of its roadmap towards Digital Transformation.
· Visit us at www.bankofbaroda.in
· Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bankofbaroda/
· Twitter https://twitter.com/bankofbaroda
· Instagram https://www.instagram.com/officialbankofbaroda/
· YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf14FHPLt7omkE9CmyrVHA
· LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/bankofbaroda/