1. Maharashtra Postal Circle celebrated Swachhta Pakhwada during the fortnight
from 16.11.2018 to 30.11.2018 various Swachhta activities carried out during the
2. On 16.11.2018 Swachhta pledge is taken by all the staff in all Post Offices in the
Circle. All the staff have taken pledge that they will remain committed towards
cleanliness and devote time, at least 100 hours per year ie 2 hours per week
towards voluntary work for cleanliness.
3. During the Pakhwada , many iconic places like Juhu Choupati in Mumbai , Sewa
Gram in Wardha , Zero Mile Stone in Nagpur, Shahu Smarak Bhawan in
Kolhapur, Sarasbhag in Pune City etc cleaned by performing Shramdaan by
postal Staff .Shramdaan was also carried out at public places such as Bus
Stands, gardens , Public Roads etc .
4. Cleanliness drive was also conducted in all Post offices, RMS offices,
Administrative offices and Postal Colonies (37) throughout the Circle.
5. During Swachhta Pakhwada , letter Boxes got repainted .
6. Special attention was given towards cleanliness of toilets and repairing of toilets
during the Pakhwada.
7. Attention is being given towards construction of Gender based toilets and
disabled friendly toilets.
8. During Pakhwada Postal Staff conducted rallies in public places for cleanliness
awareness. Leaflet containing 10 best Swachhta Practises were prepared and
distributed to the Public.
9. Swachchhta Stamp with Slogan as “Discourage the use of Plastic carry bags” is
prepared and affixed on postal articles received for delivery.
10. Members of Postal fraternity like Postman / Post woman/ Grameen Dak Sewaks
were designated as “Swachhata Doot” for spreading Mahatma Gandhijis
Message of “ Swachhata hi Sewa” . Special T.Shirts with Swachhta Logo were
printed and distributed to the Swachhta Doots.
10. Essay writing competition on Swachh Bharat Mission organised in schools and
Offices in which many school children and Postal Staff participated. Swachhta
Workshops were conducted in Schools and Post Offices.
11. Tree Plantation drive was carried out throughout the Circle in which 1600 Trees
were planted during the Pakhwada.
12. Awards were given to given to best clean offices and also for the participants of
Essay Writing competitions.